In 2004, the issue of Antioxidants to help prevent and repair oxidative damage that occurs during normal cell activity. USDA scientists are investigating more than 100 meals to measure the concentration of antioxidants per serving size. Also Apples are full of fiber called pectin’a a medium-sized apple contains about 4 grams of fiber. Pectin is
In 2004, the issue of Antioxidants to help prevent and repair oxidative damage that occurs during normal cell activity. USDA scientists are investigating more than 100 meals to measure the concentration of antioxidants per serving size. Also Apples are full of fiber called pectin’a a medium-sized apple contains about 4 grams of fiber. Pectin is classed as a soluble, fermentable and viscous fiber, a combination that Gives it a huge list of health benefits. The following Healthiest Types Of Apples You Must Know
McIntosh apples are vivid red brushed with bright green, oftentimes speckled with white lenticels (spots). The amount of red or green on the skin of the McIntosh will vary depending on when it was harvested. McIntosh apples are low in calories, high in water content and offer a fair amount of vitamins A, C and B. They also contain a dietary fiber known as pectin, which has been shown to lower cholesterol levels and trace amounts of boron, which has been touted for its ability to help build strong bones.
Royal Gala Apples
Gala apples are covered in a thin yellow to orange skin, highlighted with pink to red stripes that vary in hue dependent upon the apples maturity. Their dense flesh is creamy yellow and crisp, offering a mildly sweet flavor and flora aroma. Gala apples are a great snacking fruit as they are low in calories, high in water content and offer a fair amount of vitamins A, C and B. They also contain a dietary fiber known as pectin, which has been shown to lower cholesterol levels and help prevent heart attacks.
Red Delicious Apples
Red Delicious apples are bright to deep red in color, oftentimes speckled with faint white lenticels (spots). Its creamy white flesh is slightly crisp and dense offering a mildly sweet flavor and slightly flora aroma. Red Delicious apples offer a small amount of vitamin A and vitamin C and have only a trace of sodium. They contain pectin, a beneficial fiber that has been shown to help promote healthy cholesterol levels and slow glucose metabolism in diabetics. Red Delicious apples are also higher in antioxidants than many other apple varieties, most of which is contained in their skin.
Mustu apples are smooth bright green to yellow in color. Its firm white flesh is crisp and juicy with a sweet-tart flavor that has subtle hints of spice. An excellent keeper, the Mutsu apple will take on an even sweeter flavor in cold storage. Mutsu apples are a good source of soluble fiber, which has been proven to help lower cholesterol, control weight, and regulate blood sugar. They also contain vitamins A and C, as well as a trace amount of boron and potassium, most of which is located in the apples skin.
Golden Delicious Apples
Golden Delicious apples are pale green to golden yellow in color and speckled with small lenticels (spots). They are small to medium in size, and tend to be conical or oblong in shape. Golden Delicious apples are firm, crisp, and white-fleshed. These apples have a balanced sweet-tart aromatic flavor, which has been described as honeyed. Low in calories, Golden Delicious apples are a good source of soluble fiber, which has been proven to help lower cholesterol, control weight, and regulate blood sugar. They also contain vitamins A and C, as well as a trace amount of boron and potassium, most of which is located in the apple’s skin.
Cortland apple is bright red and covered with dark red streaks, often they are capped with a green blush. Their crisp white flesh is exceptionally juicy with a sweet-tart flavor. Cortland apples are low in calories, high in water content and offer a fair amount of vitamins A, C and B. They also contain a dietary fiber known as pectin, which has been shown to lower cholesterol levels and trace amounts of boron, which has been touted for its ability to help build strong bones.
Idared apples grow on slightly small trees, which are nonetheless good fruit producers. The apples themselves are medium in size and generally round, with a layer bright red over a green-red background. The flesh is yellowish-green, although sometimes a faint pink tinge can be detected. They are both sweet and tart, juicy yet crisp and firm. Apples are extremely healthy foods. They contain dietary fiber, which contributes to cardiovascular and digestive health. They also contain Vitamin C, potassium, and phytochemicals, all important parts of the diet. Apples have few calories and little to no nutrients such as saturated and trans fat, sodium, and cholesterol.
Red Prince Apples
Red Prince apples resemble both of their parents. Their sweet juiciness is reminiscent of the Golden Delicious, while their crispness comes from the Jonathan. They are generally deep red in color, very large (with a circumference up to 13 inches), and have an oblate shape. The deep red color of the Red Prince indicates the presence of antioxidants in the skin, which promote healthy cells and may help prevent cancer. Red Princes also include Vitamin C, dietary fiber, and pectin, which helps lower LDL cholesterol levels.
Anadama Bread a traditional dark yeast bread from New England. Recipe for Cook This cake so simple. Anadama Bread is made quicker with the use of RapidRise yeast and a food processor. You can knead the dough by hand but the temperature of the cornmeal mixture should be a little hotter: 125 to 130°F.
Ingredients Of Healthy Anadama Bread
- 1/4 cup cornmeal, preferably stone-ground
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour, or all-purpose flour
- 1 package RapidRise yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg white, mixed with 2 teaspoons water for glaze
How To Cook Healthy Anadama Bread
- Combine cornmeal and boiling water in a large glass measuring cup. Add molasses and let stand for 5 minutes or longer to soften the cornmeal and to cool the liquid until it is the temperature of a baby’s bottle (105 to 115°F).
- Combine whole-wheat flour, bread (or all-purpose) flour, yeast and salt in a food processor. Pulse to mix. With the motor running, gradually pour the cornmeal mixture through the feed tube until a ball forms. Process for about 45 seconds to “knead” the dough (it will be sticky). Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Dust with cornmeal (or flour), shaking off excess. Punch down dough and form into a 7-inch-diameter round loaf. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover lightly with plastic wrap that has been coated with cooking spray and let rise until doubled in bulk, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Set a rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 425°F. Just before baking, place a shallow pan of hot water on the lowest shelf in the oven.
- Brush the risen loaf lightly with the egg-white mixture, taking care not to let it drip onto the pan. Use a sharp knife to make two slashes, 1/2 inch deep, in a crisscross pattern on top.
- Bake the bread for 10 minutes. Brush again with the glaze and rotate pan 180° (from front to back). Lower oven temperature to 400° and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until golden and the bottom sounds hollow when tapped. Transfer the bread to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Of Healthy Anadama Bread
Per slice: 142 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 6 g protein; 3 g fiber; 299 mg sodium; 192 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch
Beef chow fun is a staple Cantonese dish, made from stir-frying beef, hor fun (wide rice noodles) and bean sprouts. It is commonly found in yum cha restaurants in Guangdong, Hong Kong, and even overseas, as well as in cha chaan tengs. Beef chow fun recipe is a staple in Cantonese cuisine, prepared with wide and flat noodles. Feel free to change the meat you have on hand, you may also want to know Chicken Chow Fun that uses the thin and long Mei Fun noodles.
Ingredients of Beef Chow Fun
8 ounces wide rice noodles, preferably brown-rice noodles (see Notes)
1/2 cup Shao Hsing or dry sherry (see Notes)
4 teaspoons black bean-garlic sauce (see Notes)
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 teaspoons canola or peanut oil, divided
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 lb For $0.69
1 12-ounce bag fresh Asian stir-fry vegetables (about 5 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup water, divided
8 ounces sirloin steak, cut into thin slices
Preparation of Beef Chow Fun Recipe
- Fill a large nonstick skillet with water and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes or according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and transfer to a large bowl. Wipe the pan dry.
- Combine Shao Hsing (or sherry), black bean-garlic sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add ginger and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 1 to 3 minutes. Add vegetables and 1/4 cup water; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender-crisp, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to the bowl with the noodles. Wipe the pan dry.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, stirring, until browned, 1 to 3 minutes. Stir the reserved sauce and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the noodles and vegetables to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 cup water; cook, tossing to coat with the sauce, until heated through, about 2 minutes more.
Tips & Notes For Cook Beef Chow Fun
Notes: Look for dried wide rice noodles, sometimes called “Pad Thai noodles” or “straight-cut,” in the Asian-food section at most supermarkets and natural-foods stores. Annie Chun’s brand now makes brown rice noodles that are becoming more widely available. We like to use them in place of regular rice noodles because they have 4 grams of fiber per serving versus 0 grams in noodles made with white rice.
Shao Hsing, or Shaoxing, is a seasoned rice wine. It is available in most Asian specialty markets and in the Asian section of some larger supermarkets.
Sherry, a type of fortified wine originally from southern Spain, is an acceptable substitute. Don’t use the “cooking sherry” sold in many supermarkets—it can be surprisingly high in sodium. Instead, get dry sherry that’s sold with other fortified wines at your wine or liquor store.
Black bean-garlic sauce, a savory, salty sauce used in Chinese cooking, is made from fermented black soybeans, garlic and rice wine. Find it in the Asian-foods section of most supermarkets or at Asian markets. Refrigerate for up to 1 year.
Nutrition of Beef Chow Fun
Per serving: 381 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 21 mg cholesterol; 57 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 15 g protein; 3 g fiber; 723 mg sodium; 223 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (37% daily value), Vitamin A (30% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 4
Exchanges: 3 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 lean meat, 1 fat
Albóndigas soup is a traditional Mexican soup featuring spicy meatballs offset by the fresh flavors of vegetables and herbs.
Ingredients of Mexican Albondigas Soup
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup short-grain rice
2 cups chopped onion, divided
1 (1-ounce) slice white bread
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro, divided
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1/2 pound lean ground pork
1/2 pound ground sirloin
2 large egg whites
1 cup chopped carrot
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup chopped seeded peeled tomato (about 8 ounces)
4 cups (1 [32-ounce] carton) fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 cups chopped zucchini
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation of Mexican Albondigas Soup
- Pour water over rice, and let stand 20 minutes. Drain.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 1/2 cup onion to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 1/4 cups. Combine rice, cooked onion, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup cilantro, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, oregano, pork, sirloin, and egg whites, stirring well. Shape mixture into 29 (1-inch) meatballs. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add 10 meatballs, and cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove meatballs from pan; drain well on paper towels. Wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel. Repeat procedure with cooking spray and remaining meatballs. Return pan to heat. Coat with cooking spray. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups onion, carrot, and garlic to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add tomato to pan, stirring to combine. Stir in broth; bring mixture to a boil. Add meatballs and mint to pan. Reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes. Add zucchini, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to pan. Cook 10 minutes. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
Chilling the meatballs for 20 minutes helps them hold their shape when cooked. Albóndigas (ahl-bon-dee-gas) is Spanish for “meatballs”.
MyRecipes is working with Let’s Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA’s MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates.
Nutrition of Mexican Albondigas Soup
- Per serving: 351 calories; 17 g fat (6 g sat, 7 g mono); 105 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 29 g protein; 4 g fiber; 734 mg sodium; 855 mg potassium.
- Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (189% daily value), Vitamin C (49% dv), Zinc (40% dv), Iron (28% dv), Potassium (24% dv), Magnesium (17% dv), Calcium (15% dv)
- Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
- Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 medium-fat meat
The process to lose weight is not an easy thing. Many people go on a diet who tortured him as foods that do not have a taste. Whereas, healthy foods such as vegetables and fruits, whole grains, beans and other legumes, and healthy fats such as avocados, nuts and seeds, and olive oil are packed with essential nutrients and antioxidants that are beneficial to health optimal and weight loss. Check out my list of top Delicious Foods.
1. Nutty Flavor And A Hearty Crunch Almonds
image from stylewhack.com
Almonds are nuts have won 50 positions in the most healthful food of all time according to the Huffington Post. Almonds are nuts with the lowest calories in one ounce serving, almonds contain 160 calories. Almonds are also to be nuts with the highest calcium levels compared to other nuts. Almonds are best served raw or dried When meeting with almonds that have been baked, there is the possibility of almonds has been heated using a fat content of less salubrious like. You can make healthy almond milk itself If lazy to chew, almonds can be enjoyed differently. Namely, to be made fresh and healthy drinks. You simply mix the almonds with your favorite sweetener, such as sugar or honey and water to taste, and then everything in the blender together.
2. Beans, From chickpeas and lentils to soybeans and peanuts, beans make a colorful and fiber-rich addition to your soups and salads
image from uniquefacts.net
Beans are a good source of energy for the body because they contain a variety of essential nutrients such as protein, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats. The latest report in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that adults who incorporate beans into their daily menu, experienced a positive impact on weight loss as well as changes in the size of their waistlines. But, not all kinds of beans suitable as a snack to your diet. Because, there are several types of nuts that are mixed with sugar, flour or salt. Some beans that you can consume to diet like from chickpeas and lentils to soybeans and peanuts.
3. The sweet taste and nutritional bang of Bell Peppers
image from eothon.vn
Usually we find peppers as a complementary ingredient in cooking. You are fond of pizza would often inhale the aroma and see this vegetable. Whereas, Only about 35 calories each, bell peppers impart a wealth of nutrients, Including vitamins A, B6, and C and folic acid, the which helps lower levels of the heart disease-related protein called homocysteine. Bell peppers contain a substance called capsaicin. These substances can lower bad cholesterol, help control diabetes and can relieve pain.
4. Blueberries may be small but they pack big benefits
image from dienlanhtiendung.net
Fruits are round and blue has the highest catechin content when compared with other types of berries. Besides the antioxidant content of the fruit is also high enough to be useful to counteract the bad effects of free radicals induced by environmental pollutants. So as to reduce the risk of some types of cancer, vision loss, and heart disease. In addition, they are rich in fiber friendly waist to help curb hunger. Enjoy whole wheat blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and get a double dose of antioxidant power.
5. Mom told you to finish the broccoli off your plate for a good reason
image from drhealthytips.com
Broccoli has a good efficacy for weight loss that has always been a healthy menu for dieters who relied on by women or men who want to have an ideal body weight. A half cup of this veggie vogue Gives you the same amount of vitamin C as an orange. The added bonus is that broccoli offers a wealth of the phytonutrient sulforophane, the which helps clear carcionogenic potential toxins and inhibits tumor growth. Broccoli can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
6. Their vibrant colors and bursts of sweet and tart flavors from citrus
image from homelife.com.au
Orange is the most popular fruit in the world. Vitamin C which resides in the oranges can help boost the immune system and reduce the risks associated with heart disease, cancer, and stroke. But vitamin C is only part of the story, citrus fruits also have a lot of potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure and improve heart health. Oranges, in particular, has been proven to aid in weight loss, keep your blood sugar stable. Citrus fruit adds natural sweetness to salads and can be used to prepare a flavorful sauce.
7. Grapes, The black pearls of fruit as gifts from the gods
image from ndtvimg.com
According to the Agricultural Marketing Research Center in the United States in 2009, the average person consumes 3.5 kg of grapes every year. This study shows that grapes are the fruit snacks are popular. The wine is fruit vine of the genus Vitis. The wine contains about 100 calories in one serving. This amount is almost the same with apples. Although not a lot of variety of nutrients contained in grapes, vitamin C contained quite a lot. Eating one serving of wine (one cup) gives you a quarter of the required levels of vitamin C per day. The total is only a quarter were given twice oranges but apples.
8. Olive oil is a great source of healthy monounsaturated fat
image from mamasup.me
Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat, healthier type of fat that can lower the risk of heart disease. Olive oil is efficacious to reduce total cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein (LDL, or “bad” cholesterol) in the blood. it is rich in antioxidants and has been shown to help Prevent obesity, metabolic syndrome, and type 2 diabetes. Use extra-virgin olive oil to prepare a delicious homemade salad dressing or vinaigrette. Or, substitute extra-virgin olive oil for butter when enjoying whole-wheat bread.
9. Whole Grains From brown rice to quinoa, buckwheat, and hulled barley
image from rackcdn.com
Whole grains are essential to a healthy diet. Unlike refined grains, whole grains deliver slimming and filling fiber, which helps absorb bad cholesterol and lower blood-fat levels. Enjoy a bowl of steel-cut oatmeal for breakfast with fresh blueberries, or pair a lean-protein main dish with a quinoa side salad.
10. Preventing constipation with Apple
image from www.cnn.com
Apples are an example of an easily digestible fiber to combat cholesterol. Apples are also a good source of vitamin C. Apples contain quecertin, plavanoid that can prevent cancer. To get maximum results, eat apples with the skin after cleansing.
source : http://www.everydayhealth.com/january-jumpstart-challenge/top-ten-foods-for-weight-loss.aspx#01